Road users are encouraged to acquire Toll Gates Prepaid Cards for convenience while crossing the borders from the neighbouring South Africa into Lesotho.
By loading the card at M200.00; which is the minimum one can load into the card and is usable, the advantages of having the card are as follow:
- Crossing at all Boarders;
- Avoiding long queues (pass on express line);
- Less handling of money so less COVID-19 infections;
- Cards now rechargeable at Lanes, no need to go back to the office;
- M200 loaded in card is usable;
- Card does not expire and can be reloaded with any amount of user’s choice.
Safety precautions for the Toll Card are as follows:
- Do not punch hole in it;
- Ensure that is has no cracks;
- It should not be exposed to the sun.
The card can be replaced as follows:
- Pay M50.00 replacement fees;
- Replacement is done at Road fund offices only.
Cards are available at LRA Offices at all Ports of Entry except Sani Border Post for now.